"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." Philippians 1:3
The year 2008 has been and continues to be an unusually trying time. Since that moment on April 15th when the doctor stunned us with the news that Jimmie might have a brain tumor, our whole life has been upside down. The news that he had had a minor stroke instead was a wonderful relief, but we scarsely had time to dust ourselves off before we got the diagnosis of thyroid cancer on July 14th. The days since have become a blur as we rushed through more doctor visits, hospital testing, then surgery. Less than 48 hours after Jimmie's thyroid was removed the doctor's office called with the news that Jimmie needed more doctor visits, hospital testing, and possibly more surgery. So our life has not righted itself yet.
But through all of the many disasters that have dismayed us this year we have found many things for which to be thankful. We are thankful for dedicated doctors, caring nurses, and clean hospitals here in the USA. We are thankful for all of the amazing technology that makes diagnosing illness swifter and curing cancer a more positive possibility. We are thankful for good lawyers, information readily available on the Internet, and cell phones to keep in touch. But most of all we are thankful for you - our wonderful family, friends and brethren. You are the ones that have helped us get through this year still relatively coherent. You have been a blessing to us.
- To everyone who has sent us an email, card or letter - we have not had time to respond to all of them but we truly appreciate each one. You have been a great encouragement.
- To those who have called us on the phone, stopped by the Truth for the World offices or this blog, or otherwise passed along a message that you were thinking about us - it helped to know that you care.
- To everyone who has given us hugs, or come to the hospital or house to visit - we love you. You have been a wonderful comfort.
- To those who have helped us financially with the sudden expenses - thank you. It was certainly needed.
- To all who have prayed for us - we especially want to thank you. Prayer is a powerful blessing and we cannot begin to express how grateful we are to know that so many are appealing to God on our behalf.
Thank you! May the Lord bless and protect each of you.
- Jimmie & Linda