Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Chit Chat

I can't believe that it has been more than a month since I posted anything about Jimmie or our work. But after Ellen, the other full-time secretary at Truth for the World, fell and broke her arm on September 3rd my days got a tad more hectic. She just returned to the office on November 7th with limited work duty so she is recovering slowly and still needs lots of therapy.

Jimmie is feeling much better now that he is on thyroid replacement medication, but he still hits that wall every afternoon when his energy just evaporates suddenly. At least he now has some energy to loose. And he is sounding like his old self again, cracking jokes and singing. We are so thankful that the surgeon did not damage his vocal chords while removing his thyroid gland. The doctor told us last week that Jimmie is not cancer-free yet, but he is close. He also said that the soreness that Jimmie has in his throat will probably be with him until next spring.

Our Truth for the World Mission Forum was this past weekend. I am heavily involved with that, from typing the brochures to setting up the refreshments and many other duties in-between. This forum went very smoothly and I credit that to the fact that I received some wonderful help from some other ladies involved with TFTW - Kristen Underwood, Katrece Howard and Elisha Richardson. But one lady truly amazed me. I called a member at Duluth, Carol Lollar, for some decorating ideas because she always does an outstanding job on those at the Duluth congregational functions and Carol offered to handle the whole thing for me. She came up with something absolutely wonderful, then she and Glenda Sams took care of everything in the fellowship hall. These sisters certainly made my weekend duties easier and I was very grateful to all of them.

-Linda

No comments: