Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winter Update

There are days when I really feel like I could use a clone.  This is one of them.  But I haven't posted anything in a month so I will try to hit the high spots.

First, I was pleased this past weekend when I assigned new student #12,000 in the IBTM Online Bible Courses.  I wish I could say that all 12,000 + students are diligently studying the Bible right now but as anyone who has ever worked with correspondence students knows well, that isn't the case.  Generally, about 1/2 of those who enroll never do anything more, so we have to concentrate on that other half.  If you would like to know more about the program just click here.

Next, the latest edition of The Seeker is ready to post.  I will be sending out the email version just as soon as I finish here, so I had better hurry.  If you don't get it by email but would like to just leave me a comment with your email address and I will add you to the mailing list.  It is also available if you click here.  It has a Valiant Volunteer section and I'm always pleased when I get to write one of those.

I guess the third major news is that I started a new Facebook business page even though I'm not really going into business.  My focus is mission work.  But I learned about essential oils when Jimmie was diagnosed with renal cancer and was amazed at how helpful those were in some very trying times.  I used them with him faithfully, but I'm afraid that after his death I pretty much stopped everything that wasn't absolutely essential to survival.  I had trouble remembering to eat so the essential oils were certainly forgotten.  But after getting really sick myself (I went through 5 rounds of antibiotics for a case of bronchitis that just would not go away and then got shingles) and many reminders from my daughter that I needed to take care of me, I started with the oils again.  I mostly concentrated on building up my immune system in 2013, and it worked.  Now I'm tackling some other problems, like this really annoying thing called arthritis.  Anyway, the Facebook page is an easy way of sharing some information about this healing gift God provided and I knew nothing about until recently.  If you are interested you can find the page here.  If you are on Facebook already then please "like" the page.

I'm liking my new dog, Sadie, much better since the accidents in the house have stopped . . . but house-training in this frigid winter was not fun.  Personally, I think it's funny that instead of running to the door to tell me she needs to go out, Sadie runs for my coat.  Come Spring that signal might not work so well.  By the way, I was right.  That gate was definitely  not high enough.  It only took about 3 days before Sadie was sailing right over it.  So I got a taller one.  She hasn't cleared it yet but the way she is practicing she will, soon.  Julie tells me I should be training her to do jumping tricks, but who has time for that.  In fact, I'm out of time now.




No comments: