Good news or bad news? It’s a mixed bag this month, so the good news first:
• We got a second opinion from the post office on our Update dilemma and the stapling we do with wire is classed as saddle stitching. We can keep our current format without an envelope.
• Kara McAfee joined the staff on February 1st as our new part-time secretary. Kara has put in numerous volunteer hours with our work, plus traveled to both Malawi and Australia on Truth for the World campaigns. So she is already a seasoned missionary and just turned 19!
• Our first Missions Saturday on February 6th went very well with approximately 40 in attendance. There were discussions on future campaigns to Africa, Australia, Iceland and Malaysia.
Now the bad news – we are losing more of the most precious resource we have in this mission work, our staff.
• Benjamin Richardson has been our Director of Broadcasting since 2006, but on February 23rd he was dismissed by the Duluth eldership and given 90 days to find a new work. Benjamin is an excellent speaker. He, his wife, Elisha, and their five children – Abigail, Mary Esther, Hannah, Levi, and a new arrival due August 2010 – are a joy to know and would be an asset to any congregation. If you know of one presently seeking an evangelist please contact him at this office or directly at email@example.com
• Jimmie Hill, Director of Publications and Coordinator of the Bible Correspondence Course Program, resigned on March 1st. Jimmie has been an indispensable part of Truth for the World since 1998. His talents, expertise and dedication will be difficult to replace. But Jimmie will remain in worldwide missions with his new work beginning April 1st. You can read about the work he will be doing with the International Bible Teaching Ministry and the International College of the Bible at his website: http://www.hillmission.blogspot.com
Please keep the staff of Truth for the World – past, present and departing – in your prayers.
Staff of Truth of the World