Monday, October 31, 2011

Still no results from the lung and kidney biopsies last week, but we saw the urology surgeon this morning.  Removing Jimmie’s kidney is complicated by the fact that the tumor seems to be entwined with his vena cava (the major vein that returns the blood to the heart) so it is beyond what this surgeon can do.  He is referring Jimmie to some specialists at Emory Hospital in hopes that they will do the surgery.  Jimmie is scheduled to have an MRI tomorrow on the area of the vena cava, something these surgeons will have to have to determine if removing the tumor will be possible.  I’m told that it will probably be at least a week before these oncology surgeons at Emory will let us know if they will even see Jimmie – so more waiting.  We appreciate your continued prayers.

- Linda

No comments: