Sunday, September 9, 2012

Thank You

It is a beautiful Lord's Day, a day of thanksgiving for the wonderful blessings that are ours in Christ.  That brings to mind that I need to also thank the many brethren, friends and even strangers who have shown so much kindness to Jimmie and to me through the ordeal of the past 15 months.  We received more cards, calls, emails and Facebook messages of concern and assurance of prayers than I could possibly count.  I have not been able to respond to all but each one was read and appreciated.  Thank you. I am especially grateful for the prayers that went up.  I do not know how we could have coped without them.

I have asked many who knew Jimmie to send me stories about him because I want to record these in a scrapbook for his grandchildren.  The ones I have gotten so far are wonderful and certainly reflect Jimmie's flair for humor.  Thank you to all who have helped me with this.  But I would love to have more if you have one you can share with me.

No comments: