Thursday, September 6, 2012

To Do List

I made a To Do List yesterday of all the many items I must take care of immediately . . . and stopped at 93.  93!  And there are probably more I haven't realized yet.  How is it possible to have at least 93 things I mustn't forget to do?  The list doesn't even mention all of the mundane everyday jobs that are now such an effort, like taking out the garbage, checking for the mail and remembering to eat.

I read recently that 3 out of 4 women in America will become widows, so there is probably a book out there telling us how to prepare.  But I doubt that any of us have read it.  And who would have believed it anyway?  I never realized that widowhood was this much work.  My respect for all the widows I have known in the past who made this life-changing transition look easy just went up tremendously.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I know you must feel overwhelmed with all you have to do but know we're all praying for you and wish we could help but prayer is what we have to offer. I'm sure friends who live closer would be willing to help. You may just need to let them know what they can do to help. Hope the days will become easier for you in the near future.