Thursday, May 10, 2012

Jimmie

I know that I do most of the blogging on here so the posts are primarily from my perspective when many of you who read this want to know about Jimmie.  Well, from my perspective I really need to brag on him for a moment.

Jimmie has been pretty fantastic through this cancer ordeal.  He follows the doctor's directions to the letter, even on the mornings when I know he would like to chunk that daily blood-thinner injection in the pond out back.  He has dealt with headaches, backaches, nausea, hiccups, swelling, mouth sores, yeast infections, skin rashes, fatigue, everything tasting like metal and the ever-present pain from the blood clots in his lungs without anger or self-pity.  On the rare occasions when he has complained or become irritable momentarily he has quickly changed his attitude and apologized.  Jimmie is the one who keeps the humor in our house and reminds others - like me - that God is always in control and we have to put our trust in Him.

Jimmie has also kept going.  Take this morning, for instance.  Despite the fact that his chest pain was unusually bad during the night, this morning he was working at his desk by 8 AM.  Having his office at home and the majority of his mission work accessible by the Internet has been a blessing, but it is still work that has to be done.  And take last week.  Despite the fact that car travel is brutal to him he still took that 7 hour drive to be there when Cole turned 6.  Jimmie has said that he is not ready to lay down and die.  There is still more he wants to accomplish.

I seriously doubt that Jimmie has any idea just how special he is.  I am very, very proud of him.

- Linda


No comments: